The AEIP was pleased to invite you to join the 11th Annual Transatlantic Conference on 19th -20th– 21st June, 2019 that took place at the Sagamore Resort in Lake George, NY, the US.
This event brought together leading experts in pension and health benefits, as well as Trustees and plan professionals from around the world to share their knowledge and expertise.
The conference included two days devoted to global topics of interest in the areas of pension and healthcare including:
- the increased global focus on ESG factors and “Green” investing in selecting and evaluating investments
- pension solvency metrics, plan management tools, and pension backstops throughout the world
- innovations in risk sharing plan designs
- mental health in the workplace, including the opioid epidemic
- approaches to medical marijuana with a particular focus on the changing legal landscapes in the United States and Canada, and a case study from Finland on the effectiveness of their holistic approach to disability
The final morning of the conference (21st June) was devoted to the state of labor/management relations and bargaining throughout the world including the challenges in dealing with new forms of employment and the mobility of workers.
This edition of the annual Transatlantic Conference was hosted by the US National Coordinating Committee for Multiemployer Plans (NCCMP) and co-organized jointly by AEIP, the Multi-employer Benefit Plan Council of Canada (MEBCO), and the World Pension Alliance , chaired by PensionsEurope for the day devoted to pension topics.