The European Association of Paritarian Institutions – AEIP is looking for an Intern to assist with project management, policy and communication & social media in Brussels
Position title: Intern
Field: Project management, policy and communication & social media
Job Location: Brussels
Application Deadline: 17 December 2023
Internship period: from 1 February to 12 July 2024
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? The European Association of Paritarian Institutions of Social Protection (AEIP) invites young professionals in EU affairs and project management to join its team in Brussels as a full-time paid intern. This position offers a unique chance to work closely with AEIP Policy Advisors, contributing to EU project coordination, supporting AEIP’s working groups and actively participating in the implementation of our Action Plan.
As an intern at AEIP, you will be immersed in a diverse range of responsibilities, including advocacy, project management and coordination within international project consortiums, organizing meetings and events, and maintaining open communication with AEIP members and project partners. Your work will play a key role in advancing the strategic objectives of the Association, which include promoting the interests of our members and advocating for the effective paritarian management of social protection.
The candidate should ideally have the following competences and skills:
- University degree in Law / Economics / Politics / Communications or a relevant field.
- Required excellent writing, research, and analytical skills.
- Understanding of EU policy making.
- Understanding of policy communication and social media.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English, knowledge of French or other languages will be an asset.
- Ability to work independently and within short deadlines.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Monitor relevant EU policies and prepare tailored reports and notes.
- Support AEIP Policy Advisors in the drafting of position papers.
- Organise meetings with AEIP project partners: prepare agenda, contact participants, draft minutes/reports, etc.
- Assist with the logistics of the organisation of project events (webinars and in-person conferences): draft agenda, invite speakers, invite participants, arrange venue, travel, and accommodation, etc.
- Dissemination of AEIP and project’s activities via LinkedIn.
This is not an exhaustive list and it may vary depending on circumstances. Additional tasks are negotiated during the internship, depending on the motivation and abilities of the intern.
What we offer
In addition to the overall benefits of working within a professional setting, where you can enhance your professional skills, build valuable networks, gain insights into lobbying, and receive mentorship and guidance, it’s important to highlight that this work immersion agreement comes with a compensation package.
How to apply
Interested? Please send your application composed a CV and a motivation letter (max. 1 page) before 17th December 2023 to email@example.com